I’m not an emotional person but I do get irritated fast…Very fast…A lot of things irritate me…Some of them are:
- When people don’t do their jobs efficiently…I hate the chalta hai attitude…
- When people don’t adhere to time…I think it’s extremely rude when people don’t come when they are supposed to…The answer is always “Arre yaar, something came up.” This yaar business also irritates me
- When politicians talk about working for the people of their country when they are actually working for themselves…Do they think we are idiots?
- When people give unsolicitated advice…I don’t know what it is with Indians but a good many of them love butting their noses where they are not needed…There are these auntijis in the park who love giving me advice on how I should raise my daughter…One uncleji keeps catching me and asking me to put on weight…Initially, I humoured him because he’s an elderly gentleman…But now he irritates me and I’m worried that I may say something rude to him one day
- When people don’t obey traffic rules…Why are Indians always in a hurry? I don’t see work getting done in a hurry but when it comes to driving, Indians always want to overtake from the wrong side or skip traffic signals to get to their destinations
- When people litter, spit and pee on roads…The paan spit is really gross…Why is using toilets optional in India?
- When men talk rudely to women just because they are women…This is mainly prevelant in the North and Bengal…The current Bengali generation of workers who have grown up with the CPM philosophy of ‘entitlement’ think they are entitled to be rude because they are workers
- When people don’t hold the door open when I’m behind them
- When men sexually molest a woman and say the woman asked for it
- When people don’t say “thank you”, “excuse me” or “sorry” when they are supposed to
- When people say they are secular but want a law banning cow slaughter because the majority of Indians are Hindus
- When Indians lick the backsides of gora tourists/businessmen/professionals in India
This tag was passed on to me by IHM…Thanks!