This is a silly post…I came across these bizarre bird names while surfing the net:
- Bare-Faced Go-Away-Bird: One of two species of Go-Away birds (the other is White-Bellied); they live in Africa
- Crinkle-Collared Manucode: This species if found in the lowlands and hill forests in mainland New Guinea and Misool Island of West Papua…They eat only frutis and figs
- Perplexing Scrubwren: Found in Indonesia and Papua New Guinea
- Pale-eyed Pygmy-Tyrant: This ‘pygmy tyrant’ is found in South America…A fitting name, don’t you think?
- Marvelous Spatuletail: This is a kind of humming bird found only in a remote valley in Peru
If you think I’ve made these named up, please check the links…My favourite is the Pale-eyed Pygmy Tyrant…Which one is yours?